Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Non-Altec topic ...hartley woofer...thorens turntable

  1. #11
    Senior Hostboard Member mah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2008
    Posts
    2,003
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Non-Altec topic ...hartley woofer...thorens turntable

    Steve,

    Model ID:

    SME 3009 / 3012

    Spares are available from SHURE.

    Shure Americas | Service & Repair

    OR

    These items are parted out and sold on Ebay. Contact a seller if necessary.


    Cheers, Marshall.
    Opinion is only as valid as its verifiable supporting evidence.

  2. #12
    Senior Hostboard Member Steve Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2006
    Posts
    732
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

    Re: Non-Altec topic ...hartley woofer...thorens turntable

    Fantastic...this is truly a very nice forum...thanks all! Clean up the table..mount the cartridge...looks like by this weekend I should be able to listen!

  3. #13
    Senior Hostboard Member Steve Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2006
    Posts
    732
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

    Re: Non-Altec topic ...hartley woofer...thorens turntable

    Listening to Stan Getz...a song called I'm Late...I'm Late off of "Focus"...gorgeous. Vinyl, I care not what they say...you are music to my ears. All this sonic accuracy I've worked so hard for and now something more to enjoy!

  4. #14
    HB Super Moderator
    Non-Altec topic ...hartley woofer...thorens turntable


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Non-Altec topic ...hartley woofer...thorens turntable

    Nothing compares to quality brand new Vinyl IMO if you can get your hands on an older New MFSL - Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab recording on Vinyl it gets better a lot better !! Your ears will continue to Thank You ! :2thumbsup:

  5. #15
    Senior Hostboard Member Steve Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2006
    Posts
    732
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

    Re: Non-Altec topic ...hartley woofer...thorens turntable

    Well, I'm actually into listening to my Dad's record collection. He passed away just last year and this is the way to listen to the memories that we shared and lived through. He had a lot of demonstration records and broadcast vinyl and peculiar music that is out of print now. So in a way I was not so interested in the fidelity element...but I've got several Lincoln Mayorga records that will I'm sure be a real treat! I have to say I owe a debt of gratitude for being exposed to such a broad range of music at a young age...looking back I can see how I was influenced and how fortunate I was.

  6. #16
    Senior Hostboard Member Ronald Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2007
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Non-Altec topic ...hartley woofer...thorens turntable

    Quote Originally Posted by Altec Best View Post
    Nothing compares to quality brand new Vinyl IMO if you can get your hands on an older New MFSL - Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab recording on Vinyl it gets better a lot better !! Your ears will continue to Thank You ! :2thumbsup:
    I have some MFSL, CBS Half-Speed masters etc, and they quiet as today's CDs, but they sound much better than the current CDs because in the case of MFSLs, they were made straight from the original master tapes.

  7. #17
    HB Forum Owner tomt's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2003
    Posts
    5,483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Non-Altec topic ...hartley woofer...thorens turntable

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Mac View Post
    Came into possession of a couple of nice pieces.
    In case you guys haven't seen one, the hartley woofer was pretty cool.
    22" ? and sounds great in a horn...dont know what to do with it yet...
    Here's a couple of pics:
    http://www.superbadcat.com/images/audio1.jpg
    http://www.superbadcat.com/images/audio2.jpg


    these are worth more than 1st meets the eye -

    Projects

  8. #18
    Senior Hostboard Member Steve Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2006
    Posts
    732
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

    Re: Non-Altec topic ...hartley woofer...thorens turntable

    Yes...I found the brochure on the net...hand made speakers.
    The pdf is 1.7Mb in case your modem still squawks like the flintstone bird.
    http://www.superbadcat.com/subwoofer...eybrochure.pdf

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.